What comes to mind when you hear the term “short videos”? We assume the answer is Instagram and Facebook reels, YouTube Shorts, Snapchat Spotlight, and so on. Have you ever wondered why such large corporations created a separate feature on their app/website for short videos? What effect do short videos have on consumer perception? And how can anyone take advantage of it? If you have, this is the place to come for all of your answers.
Short videos are those that are no longer than 2.5 minutes. Despite this, viewers prefer watching videos that are either 15 or 30 or 1 minute long. This is a result of consumers’ increasingly hectic lifestyles. People today barely have time to watch videos due to the speed of life, so they prefer short, to-the-point videos, which is one of the main reasons the short video trend has become so prevalent all over the place. Two broad categories can be used to categorize short videos are:
For entertainment – These can be short videos related to various genres of entertainment such as action, comedy, love, thriller, horror, drama, and so on. It also includes videos about cultural entertainment such as dance, music, art, photography, videography, and so on.
For information/ knowledge – These are brief videos that convey specific information about a particular topic. These types of videos educate the consumer on a specific topic. This could include videos like “5 Reasons Why Digital Marketing Is Important” and others.
The categories listed above can be further subdivided into narrower categories that focus on a specific genre or type.
How can short videos help businesses improve their reach?
Short videos can have a significant impact on your business in several ways. They have the power to make your business go from hundreds to thousands and from thousands to lakhs. It not only helps businesses reach a wider audience and customers but it also helps them reach potential employees. Below mentioned are a few reasons why your business/organization should start posting short videos if they haven’t already –
- Attention Grabber – Firstly, short videos are great for capturing your audience’s attention quickly, as they stand out in a sea of content on social media platforms. With engaging and visually appealing content, you can keep your audience hooked and build engagement.
- Easy to understand – The simplicity of short videos makes them easy to consume and understand, particularly on mobile devices, which is where many social media users spend their time. With short attention spans, consumers appreciate a quick and efficient way to receive your message. This is particularly relevant for platforms like Instagram, where users scroll through content at a fast pace.
- Higher engagement and reach – Short videos often have higher engagement rates than longer videos. Social media experts have found that videos under 15 seconds tend to have the highest engagement rates on platforms like Instagram. This makes short videos an effective way to connect with your audience, build brand awareness and increase reach and engagement.
- Better Return on Investment – Over time, video marketing will give your business a solid Return on Investment (ROI). You can get amazing exposure if you have a well-planned and high-quality film to present to your consumers. For instance, a recent survey discovered that 89% of businesses with short videos receive more visibility.
- Shareable – Short videos are also highly shareable, making them an ideal format for social media. Users love to share content that they find interesting or entertaining, and short videos are perfect for this purpose. By creating shareable videos, you can increase your reach and potentially go viral.
- Cost saving – Another advantage of short videos is that they are cost-effective. As they can be created quickly and with minimal resources, they are an ideal option for businesses with limited marketing budgets. This allows you to create high-quality content without overspending.
How to make quality short videos to grow your business?
Below mentioned are 3 key points to keep in mind while growing your business online –
- Consistency is the key – We are sure you might have heard this phrase a lot but this applies to creating short videos too. Regular posting not only instructs platform algorithms to push your content out more frequently, but it also demonstrates to followers that you are a trustworthy brand. Find a posting schedule that is consistent and reasonable for you, then stick to it. You can only do this to expand and produce potentially viral content.
- Go with the trend – Again, one of the rules that applies to almost all kinds of industries. If you’re left behind in the trend, you are left behind in the game. Try to inculcate ongoing trends into your videos because they are called “trends” for a reason. i.e., people like watching such content.
- Use analytics – Analytics can never be left behind in any field of work. If you don’t analyse the ROI that short videos have on your business, you will be wasting your time producing content that the audience doesn’t want to see rather than content that the audience does want to see
There are many more aspects that need to be looked at while using such forms of marketing as creating a library of content, using different strategies for different platforms, etc.
In conclusion, short videos are a powerful marketing tool that can help businesses to increase engagement, build brand awareness and reach a wider audience. Experts recommend using short videos as part of your marketing strategy to capture attention, drive engagement, and create shareable content that can help your business go viral. By creating short, visually appealing videos, you can make an impact and connect with your audience cost-effectively. It is a careful process to create videos that urge engagement but don’t stress over creating content! Let BuzzTag Media handle it for you. We’ll help you develop a strong online presence that attracts your target audience and keeps them engaged. Focus on what you do best and leave the digital marketing to us!